Re: how to get 3D acceleration with an intel i7?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:05:13 +0200
Bruno Boettcher <bboett@bboett.adlp.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> i just got a new machine, fitted with no graphics card, since the
> processor and the motherboard together should be able to give a "decent"
> graphics output...
>
> till now i had no problems with intel integrated graphics, worked out of
> the box....
>
> but this time i have only basic services working (basic VGA mode) so no
> DRI, no 3D acceleration....
>
> how do i get this working?
>
> processor is  Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
>
> thanks!

Which version of Debian are you trying? I believe that processor you
have is of the Sandy Bridge familiy, which requires at least version
2.14 of the intel drivers to function, and that version is so far only
packaged in Debian Unstable.

see
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xserver-xorg-video-intel

and