Re: You touched one of my pet peeves (was Re: dpkg: syntax error)

On 28/03/11 13:26, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2011 27 Mar 21:13 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> That's a double *slash*.  The backslash (on my US "small <Enter>"
>> kb) is under the pipe.
>> We know this because typewriter keyboards only had one such key and
>> so Lower Left To Upper Right became the "slash" key.  When IBM added
>> another key, that new key became the backslash.
> Even more annoying are some local radio commercials where the voice
> says, "aH Tee Tee Pea Colon Backslash Backslash Double-U Double-U
> Double-U blah blah blah".
> - Nate >>

Blame Embrace Extend Extinguish...

And Double-U Double-U - I "know" that is how it's supposed to be, but
I've spent years (delighting in) saying "wuh" "wuh" "wuh" (as in the
Magyar "w").

Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.
Mistake? [Chuckles]