Re: recover partition table

Hello,

thank you all for your attention and assistance.

Stephen Powell wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 06:37:44 -0400 (EDT), Geronimo wrote:
> > That logfile looks like having reasonable partition informations of all
> > drives.
> >
> > Can anybody please shine me a light, how to patch the partition tables
> > with informations from that file, so it might be possible to gain access
> > to data ...
>
> I looked at my /var/log/installer/partman file, and it does indeed look as
> though the exact sector information for the partitions is there.

I'm a bit confused.

I tried to read partition info from hex-dump of first block and compare that
with the values from /var/log/installer/partman ...

According to partition info from wiki the biggest number of chs is 0x3FF,
which is 1023 decimal - and partman output contains entries like:
	(91201,0,0)	(91201,80,62)

So is there another way to interpret entries from partition table?

kind regards

Gero