Re: iceweasel 4 on squeeze?

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 02:57:38 pm Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:17:44 +0000
>
> Peter Tynan <peter.tynan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 23 March 2011 15:04, Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Very cool site. However, I just added it, and added the key, and
> > > upgraded, but got
> > >
> > > [root@galaxy sources.list.d]# apt-get install -t squeeze-backports
> > > iceweasel Reading package lists... Done
> > > Building dependency tree
> > > Reading state information... Done
> > > iceweasel is already the newest version.
> > > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 12 not upgraded.
> > > [root@galaxy sources.list.d]# dpkg -l | grep weasel
> > > ii  iceweasel
> > > 3.5.16-5                             Web browser based on Firefox
> >
> > At http://mozilla.debian.net/ select the version of Iceweasel you want
> > and the Debian release you are using and follow the instructions, I
> > suspect you did not select "Iceweasel 4.0" on the drop down menu...
> >
> > Peter
>
> I tried this too, but I run into the same problems that Brad did.
> Adding the mozilla.debian.net to sources.list, adding the key, and
> updating/dist-upgrading does nothing for me.
>
> I want the 4.0 for Squeeze, but get nothing.
>
> I am on AMD64, maybe its only i386 this far?
>
> best regards
> /Andreas

Do you have an '/etc/apt/preferences' file ? I had mine setup, and it was
preventing the upgrade to iceweasel 4. I temporarily renamed it, and I am able to
upgrade, now I don't want to. I am using Minefield as my personal multimedia
browser, iceweasel stable for work.

 I need to understand ore about pinning :-)
--
Peace,

Greg