sshd is starting niced -2 on it's own?

Hello list. I am on Debian 5 (Lenny), always keep it up-to-date (per "aptitude update; aptitude full-upgrade"), and I have a problem that I don't know how to solve (or have any idea how it appeared in the first place.)

The problem is that all processes started by users have a nice value of -2. The root cause seems to be that the sshd daemon seems to start with -2, and as a result, when logging in, bash is also started with -2 and therefore all further processes too.

I have searched a lot, but all answers I found don't seem to apply here. For example, my /etc/security/limits.conf only has these entries:

  *	soft	nproc	150
  *	hard	nproc	200

I also can't spot anything weird in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

What could be causing sshd to start with nice -2 by default?