Re: Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones

On Mar 24, 2011 12:57 PM, "Mihamina Rakotomandimby" <mihamina@bbs.mg> wrote:

> > On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:45:33 +0100
> > Mirco Piccin <pictux@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > What are the first steps we can easily take, to get started on this?
> >
> > it seems there's already something like that:
> > http://www.androidfanatic.com/community-forums.html?func=view&catid=9&id=251
>
> How about the "telephone" feature in that case?

The 'telephone feature' requires a number of other things first:
1. Boot
2. Kernel
3. Drivers (kb, video, sound, radio)
4. Interface (GUI, CLI, whatever)

Now, I'm not sure what the radio hardware generally handles vs the driver. It's completely possible that that radio driver needs to pretty Mich have a full network stack and do a handshake, encryption, qos, etc. I don't think so but I just don't know. Point is, I think making and receiving calls pretty much comes last here.