Re: iceweasel 4 on squeeze? OT question

On 2011-03-24 11:04:02 Paul E Condon wrote:
>On 20110324_160327, Ken Heard wrote:
>>
>> Steven Sciame wrote:
>> > This is confusing.  There is 'backports.debian.org' and
>> > 'mozilla.debian.net'. Both use squeeze-backports in sources.list.
>> >
>> > apt-get install -t squeeze-backports iceweasel, on my box,  points to
>> > backports.debian.net, I haven't added the mozilla.debian.net to my
>> > sources yet as this would be two squeeze-backports options. Do they
>> > work together?
>
>What about iceweasel 4 in wheezy? Will that just happen in a few
>days/weesk/months? Which? (days|weeks|months)?

At this point, it is only in experimental.  That doesn't establish a schedule
for migration to testing.  Since we are no longer under freeze, an upload to
experimental indicates that the DD uploading the package has doubts about it's
quality, and is seeking wider testing before even uploading to unstable.
(This may be due to the quality of the upstream software OR packaging
changes.)

Once the package hits unstable, you can use
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/iceweasel.html> to watch the "testing
migration" and watch it move to Wheezy.  Normally, I think 15 days is the
waiting period, but that can be controlled somewhat by the DD performing the
upload to unstable.  It can also get "hung" in other transitions.