Phony EmDebian - Re: Proper name... - Re: Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones ; gre

Hi Michelle :)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:54:15 +0100, "Michelle Konzack"
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> said:
> Am 2011-03-23 17:13:16, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > I'm not sure how http://www.emdebian.org/ is related to Debian because it's
> > neither embedded.debian.org or debian.org/embedded... anyway...
>
>     EmDebian = Debian
>
> ...but packages (mainly from ARM) are heavyly striped down.
>
> Byside the "normal" EmDebian, which has anything removed  which  is  not
> neccesary to run Debian on a small Embedded Device there are  two  other
> versions "Grip" and "Crunch"
>
> > Is it related to your thoughts about smartphones running Debian?
>
> I have runing EmDebian on a Nokia Smartphone...  But without proper JTAG
> adaptor (under the SIM card) you will never get  another  OS  on  it  as
> Symbian S60...

Michelle - In what ways, if any, could emdebian be something that might
be a component of, or contribute to, Phony Debian - (The Debian
SubDistro for smart phone hardware)?

Could it be a starting point for the Phony Debian project?

Or, might the starting point be something more basic, like first getting
some kind of installer working?

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture