An interesting experiment

I just found a box in my basement that I haven't touched in many years. I checked sources.list, and it was built when woody was stable and sarge was testing. The box was running sid. So I thought it would be an interesting experiment to see what is involved to get it to a modern sid, or if it is even possible. The box is a PII/667. 192mb ram, 6gb drive.

So far, I have run into the following problems:

1. I had to take debian non-free out of the sources.list (I had forgotten all about that).
2. It is having a problem installing ncurses-base. ("package uses Breaks, no supported in this dpkg")

I know it will probably break at some point, but I doubt I will ever have need to reuse this box, and the data is way stale after so many years...I thought it would be an interesting diversion.

--b