Re: unable to install nfs-kernel-server

On Sat, Mar 16, 2011 at 0:11 AM, Liam Cassidey <liam.cassidey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Liam Cassidey <liam.cassidey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ii  portmap                       6.0.0-2                       RPC port mapper
>>
>> Remembered the above when I sent my last post and thought that I might
>> have gone down an incorrect path.
>>
>> I've just tried to install pcbind and it conflicts with portmap...
>
> Yep, I'm definitely using portmap. It's installed and running fine.

I was looking through the archives and noticed that a reply that I thought that I'd sent isn't there.

IIRC, I'd written that googling your problem only turned up correcting it through downgrading, ensuring that daemons on which nfsd depends are started before nfsd, or re-installing.

You could try downgrading through http://snapshot.debian.org/ or upgrading if there are more recent versions of nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server in unstable or experimental.