Re: wmv locks entire system ever since upgrade to 6.0.1

I understand what you are saying, but nothing responds.  The mouse moves, but nothing is able to be clicked on.  No menu's, windows, nothing.  I waited for 10 minutes and still nothing.   Running from the Terminal did not reveal anything.  I couldn't ^C, right click, nothing.

I am reluctant to do this because I am not sure if it is good to shut the computer down that way(holding the power button until it goes dead).  I have to then reboot, watch all of the udev errors fly by (sysfs no longer... use attr instead)  And since the mouse pointer doesn't work after a reboot, a suspend and wakeup is needed to get the laptop back to where I can reasonably use it.

The contents of my sources.list are as follows

steven@debtop:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ squeeze main

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main

#Multimedia
deb http://debian-multimedia.org/ squeeze main non-free
steven@debtop:~$

steven@debtop:/var/log$ dmesg | grep -i totem
steven@debtop:/var/log$

I do not have any other media players installed.  I try to put trust in the stable distro by leaving as much default as possible to maximize the chances of everything working.