Re: Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones

Thanks for your pointers, Mirco :)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:45 +0100, "Mirco Piccin" <pictux@gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi,
>
> > Let's start the "Debian distro for Android capable hardware phones".
> >
> > What are the first steps we can easily take, to get started on this?
>
> it seems there's already something like that:
> http://www.androidfanatic.com/community-forums.html?func=view&catid=9&id=251

"Debian on Android installer released.  2 Years, 2 Months ago"

"UPDATED AGAIN !!! - 17th Jan 2009
NOTE: Contrary to some opinion, this process DOES NOT REPLACE your
android os, your device still functions as it did before"

Point: it was something, but is 2 yrs old, & isn't what I'm suggesting:
the "Debian distro for Android capable hardware phones"

> Here are instructions about running X-Windows and more specifically the
> LXDE
> Desktop GUI on the G-1 Android Phone (of course, it works also in other
> smartphone..).
> http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Android

"Welcome to the LXDE Wiki
LXDE is a faster and less resource hungry
free and open source desktop environment.
The wiki has 108 articles so far."

"First released      2006
Latest preview version     0.3.2.1
Release date and age     2009-01-26 "

Well, this looks like a possible good starting place for more
development of the DfAHP -
"Debian distro for Android capable hardware phones"

DfAHP - I kinda like that. Has a nice ring to it.

DDfAHP?
DfACHP?
DDfACHP?

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture