Re: Squeeze. Broken native laptop screen res 1366x768@NVIDIA after last update

On Du, 20 mar 11, 23:05:13, Mark Goldshtein wrote:
> Here is XF86Config for previous successful video sessions:
> I had re-generate XF86Config by # nvidia-xconfig in this one:

Missed the XF86Config the first time. X is now Xorg, not XFree86 and the
configuration file is /etc/X11/xorg.conf. According to the log, without
an xorg.conf Xorg is trying to use nouveau (as it should) and falling
back to vesa (probably because nouveau is disabled by

A minimal /etc/X11/xorg.conf as suggested in my first post should make
nvidia work.