Re: tightvncserver: Could not start screen

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:28 PM,  <briand@aracnet.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:17:31 +0530
> Susam Pal <susam.pal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> susam@nifty:~$
>>
>> Could you please help me n troubleshooting this?
>
> aaah, here it is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec /usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp "$@"
> xserverrc (END)
>
> btw, I'm guessing here, I have no idea if it's the problem.
>
> if you are going from a unix machine to a unix machine I would consider
> using ssh with X forwarded, i.e. ssh -X
>
> Brian

I am running tightvncserver after logging into my GNOME desktop. After
logging into my GNOME desktop, I open mrxvt and issue this command
from the bash shell there.

So, what modifications do I need to make and in which file to allow X
to enable TCP access?

Susam