Re: AW: Virus

teddieeb@tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
Boblitz John Said;

Setup.exe? Is that really a Debian file?

----

I thought, but wasn't sure, so didn't want to say, that no Debian boot CD would contain an .exe file. As these are a Microsoft Windows Format and by and by Linux as an Operating System only acknowledges their existence by defualt and offers non-native support via APIs such as WINE...
TeddyB

It's coming from the Debian Derivatives Exchange project, you can read about it here http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110318 and get some details here http://dex.alioth.debian.org/ a lot of what I'm seeing is coming from Ubuntu, personally I don't care for most of what I'm seeing, like the auto updater and the sources list helper application, but they can be removed. ;-)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Wheezy - KDE 4.5.2 at sda8
Registered Linux User #380263