Re: Scrolling display problem in browsers firefox,konqueror

on 15:25 Sat 19 Mar, Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος (aprekates@gmail.com) wrote:
> In Squeeze + KDE 4.4.5+ fglrx , scrolling the pages in konqueror and firefox
> will mess the page , like a portion scrools but other stay stll  making
> browsing impossible.
>
> Any ideas?

That's some sort of screen-repaint issue.  I'd suspect your X driver for
starters.

Does this happen with any other apps?

What happens if you default to using the svga driver?

Copy your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to a backup, add a "Device" section
with the line:

    Driver  "svga"

... and see if you have the same corruption.

If you don't, it's an X issue (at least in part).  If you do, it's
elsewhere.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power