Re: how to send DEL to virtualbox client

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:30:41AM +0000, Steve Kleene wrote:
> I'm running my first virtualbox client (Windows XP) on a host that has Linux
> testing (Wheezy).  Vbox is 4.0.2_OSE r35621.  The extension pack and guest
> additions seem to be mostly functional.
>
> Can someone tell me how to send DEL from the keyboard to an XP program on the
> client?  I use DEL often, but it is being grabbed before it gets to XP.  I
> tried entering DEL with the vbox host key (R-CTRL) to no effect.  The
> environment is X windows running the fvwm window manager.  I'm guessing that
> fvwm passes DEL through, because it did when I was running VMware Server
> (albeit on what is now oldstable Debian).

Do you mean Ctrl+Alt+Del? If so, you can either use the menu item or
press RightCtrl+Del in place of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

If you just mean the Delete key on its own, you may need to see if you
can set up an exception in the fvwm config so that Del doesn't do what
it normally does for VirtualBox.