Re: sum two disks using RAID or LVM?

On 03/18/2011 03:15 AM, Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote:
Hi all!

A short question: I have two 500GB HDDs and I want to use their space as
one.

That's called "striping".

     Should I aggregate them with software RAID, or using LVM in regard
to data safety? If one of them malfunctions, is one of the two
approaches better?

No. If one dies, you're completely hosed. Thus, you need to back up your data. "Green" drives are really cheap, as are external enclosures.

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.