Re: AW: Virus

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 02:22:41PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:19:20 +0000, teddieeb wrote:
>
> > Boblitz John Said;
> >

> > Setup.exe?  Is that really a Debian file?
> >
> > ----
> >
> > I thought, but wasn't sure, so didn't want to say, that no Debian boot
> > CD would contain an .exe file.  As these are a Microsoft Windows Format
> > and by and by Linux as an Operating System only acknowledges their
> > existence by defualt and offers non-native support via APIs such as
> > WINE...
>
> An ".exe" file is not that uncommon in many of today's LiveCD or USB boot
> media. It's usually used to boot the installer directly from DOS.
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Ack,
the current netinst CD image does have a setup.exe included for direct
bootstrapping.
But regarding the OP concern: I doubt that the iso have been compromised.
I checked my netinst CD and it comes out clean.
I would recommend checking the computer used for download/burning.

Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com
it consultant              | www.itcfollmann.com