Re: Anybody else having delay issues with updating testing/ wheezy? [solved]

On 17/03/11 12:07, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Thursday 17 March 2011 12:21:59 AG wrote:
Hi

This may be a non-issue, but for the last two days whenever I have tried
to update testing/ wheezy through either the update-manager or through
aptitude safe-upgrade, apt(itude) takes forever to resolve itself.
After having run the aptitude safe-upgrade command an hour ago, it is
still processing with the following output:

Resolving dependencies ...
Open: 49036; closed: 38043; defer: 88; conflict: 45

The first two figures are continuing to change (which at least shows
that it is working), so this is a "snapshot".  Does this mean my system
is borked or is this something upstream?  Any ideas how I could
ascertain this?

Thanks for any ideas.

AG
Had the problem, solved it by first using apt-get, which upgraded about half of
the packages, then aptitude update and aptitude dist-upgrade. Solved! The
problem was the replacement of openoffice by libreoffice.
Thierry

Thanks for that Thierry - following your recipe has seemingly cleared the matter.

As I default to LibO rather than OOo, the removal of OOo is just fine. However, the upgrade did confuse me, because if it is removing OOo, I'm not sure why OOo packages are also being upgraded:

   <snip>
      openoffice.org openoffice.org-base openoffice.org-common
      openoffice.org-gcj openoffice.org-gnome openoffice.org-help-en-gb
      openoffice.org-help-en-us openoffice.org-l10n-en-gb
      openoffice.org-officebean <snip>

which results then in unresolved dependencies:

      libreoffice-debian-menus: Conflicts: libreoffice-bundled which is
   a virtual package.
      ure: Breaks: openoffice.org-core (< 1:3.3~) but
   1:3.2.1-11+squeeze2 is installed.

         Remove the following packages:
   1)     libreoffice-debian-menus
   2)     openoffice.org-core