Re: Cinelerra - not seeing video output [Solved]

Le 17/03/2011 08:34, Alan Chandler a écrit :
> On 17/03/11 01:03, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>> 16/03/2011 21:01, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>> I would like to use Cinelerra for some video editing, but firing it up
>>> displays the correct windows and data, but nothing is displayed in the
>>> video checker and compositor windows.
>>>
>>> It used to - I made a large complex video before, and I loaded up the
>>> xml project file, and everything was there except the video outputs.
>>>

>>> Previously Cinelerra would prompt for more memory - but it doesn't now.
>>>

>>> Any idea how I can get it to display video content?
>>>

>>> (I am running 32 bit version of Debian).
>>>

>> Hi, we could use a bit of extra info here, what Debian version are you
>> running ? What graphic board and driver ? Where did you get Cinelerra,
>> debian-multimedia ? Is it Cinelerra proper or "community edition" ?
>>
>> Did you try to run cinelerra from a console, see if it tells something
>> useful (error) ?
>>

> In answer to your questions, I am running Sid, its Cinelerra 4.2 (which
> I assume is the Community Edition from Debian Multimedia - but I am not
> sure - but a standard Debian package).  Its an Intel On board Graphics
> GMA 950 (I think) which is driven with the X11-XV driver by Cinelerra
>

> I got the answer on IRC late last night - I was using RGBA-Float as the
> color mode, and that is broken.  Switch to RBBA-8bit and it works fine.

Good you solved it, for the record debian-multimedia has both "vanilla"
cinelerra from heroin virtual [1], and cinelerra-cv [2] which is a
community alternate build (now less actively maintained since a new
project "lumiera [3]" is planned to replace cinelerra-cv).

Have fun.

[1]http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php
[2]http://cinelerra.org/
[3]http://lumiera.org/