Re: On-going problems with flashplugin for IW

on 18:16 Tue 15 Mar, AG (computing.account@googlemail.com) wrote:
> Hello all
>
> In Iceape and other browsers (e.g. Opera) I can watch embedded
> (streaming?) videos on-line.  In Iceweasel/ Swiftfox I cannot.
> Insterad I get a variation on this message: "Note: Either you do not
> have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer or your Flash
> Version is outdated. You need Flash Player in order to view this
> item. Download Flash Player now.
> <http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer>"
>
> I have double-checked and I have the latest flashplugin-nonfree
> installed and seems to be accessible to the other browsers, so why
> doesn't IW "see" the plugin and use it as well?  In my
> ~.mozilla/plugins/ directory the library libflashplayer.so is
> installed and executable and as far as I can tell, the plugins are
> registered with IW as seen by doing about:plugins in the address
> bar.
>
> A search using Google only keeps showing me the same darn resolution
> - install the nonfree plugin and check that it is in the
> about:plugins.

Are you using any sort of Javascript blocker?  Either browser controls
or plugins such as NoScript?

In my experience, javascript must be enabled to allow Flash plugins to
work.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power