Re: help controlling beep in wheezy gnome desktop

on 07:13 Wed 16 Mar, Paul E Condon (pecondon@mesanetworks.net) wrote:
> I'm running wheezy gnome desktop on i386 host. I can't turn off the
> beep sound using software. (Pulling AC plug on sound system works, but
> has unwanted side effects.) Where is the control? I can't find it.
> Are there some packages that I should install, but are not part of
> what is done by the tasksel desktop task?

Can you mute this via one of the mixer settings?

'xset -b' disables bell for most console apps.

Otherwise ... that's about all I've got.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power