Re: DVDs mirrored on http://localhost is untrusted

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 07:18:42PM -0400, shawn wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Martin <adsrtg-mlist@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have copyed all DVDs to external USB HD and made it available to
> > aptitude as described in http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/index.en.html. It
> > works fine but everytime I install a package I get a warning something
> > like:
> >

> > │WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!
>
> sounds like you need to import the pgp key for the dvd.

Thanks! Now I have no more warnings.

I have read http://wiki.debian.org/SecureApt and it seems that
DVDs are not signed. Therefore I created my own key, signed the file
/path/to/dvd01/dists/squeeze/Release with command:
 gpg -abs -o Release.gpg Release
imported my public key: apt-key add my-key.pub
and I get no more warnings after: apt-get update

Thanks,
Martin