Re: Suggestion for a smartphone running natively LINUX? :)

The N900 is indeed a native Linux phone. Maemo is based on Debian, and in addition there is a Debian chroot, which uses the Debian repos.

The N900 (I have one and an N810) is a really rock-solid platform, though I am not terribly enamored with Nokia. Maemo and the Nseries could have ruled the mobile phone market, and been to market before the iphone. And now their "alliance" with MS and the killing of symbian and all things Linux...Grrr. But I digress.