Re: kde missing documentation

on 14:55 Mon 14 Mar, Andreas Goesele (Goesele@hfph.mwn.de) wrote:
> "Dr. Ed Morbius" <dredmorbius@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > on 23:40 Sun 13 Mar, Andreas Goesele (Goesele@hfph.mwn.de) wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I just noticed that (after upgrading to squeeze) I'm missing all kde
> >> documentation. I visit help for instance for Konqueror and get the error
> >> message:
> >>
> >> The file or folder help:/konqueror/index.html does not exist.
> >
> > Install the relevant *-doc packages.
> >
> >     aptitude search kde.*doc
> >
> > ... will likely list more than you need.  'kdebase-doc,
> > kde-base-doc-html' would be a good start.
>
> Your command doesn't show any packages which possibly might be
> relevant. It only shows developer documentation and documentation for
> PyKDE.
>
> Do you have with debian squeeze packages named kdebase-doc or
> kde-base-doc-html?

There's always 'auto-apt' or 'apt-file' to track down the package owner
of a specific file.

Since your attempt to invoke documentation turns up a reference to a
specific missing file, I'd go that route.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power