Re: SIP services and softphones: what do you guys use?

On 2011-03-14 18:59:36, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 00:40, Allan Wind <allan_wind@lifeintegrity.com> wrote:
> > Make sure you tweak the settings (codecs, bandwidth) before giving
> > up on Ekiga.
>
> I'm not an audio engineer, I quite rely on the software to tweak those
> settings for me. What settings would you recommend?

I have never used the windows version, but on Linux you want to
look at Edit | Preferences | Audio | Codecs.   What we did was
disable all but one common codecs (common as in available both on
caller and callee) then establish a call.  Repeat and rinse till
all have been tried then enable the ones with best quality.  You
can try silence detection and echo cancelation if either issue
bothers you.

If you use Video tweak Video | Codecs | bitrate to be reasonable
for your internet connection.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind