Re: File server without the Xserver

on 21:50 Sat 12 Mar, Leonardo Ruoso (leonardo.ruoso@gmail.com) wrote:
> Is it  all about running gedit?
>
> Although I can't imagine why you can't use vim, emacs or even nano from ssh
> it's pretty possible to download a copy of the file, edit it with your
> preferred editor and upload it back to the server.

Or:

In vim: edit vi ssh access:

    vim scp://hostname/path/to/file

Or (as recently discussed):  mount the remote directory locally using
sshfs:

    http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html

This last allows you to use /any/ locally supported editor or program to
your heart's content.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power