RE: What are your best practices for running Debian unstable?

hi,

I tryied to do an apt-get install list-bugs and an apt-get install apt-list-bugs and also a search and can't find the package how can I install this and apt-listchanges?

-----Original Message-----
From: darkestkhan [mailto:darkestkhan@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:43 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: What are your best practices for running Debian unstable?

2011/3/12 Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@gmail.com>:
> I've collected some best practices for running Debian unstable,  I'm
> curious to hear what other Debian unstable users do to minimize
> possible problems with running Debian unstable. My current list:
>
> * Install apt-listbugs
> * Install apt-listchanges
> * Check the ' Debian Weather'  before dist-upgrades (
> http://edos.debian.net/weather/ )
> * Check 'Upgrade Warnings' in the aptosid forums before dist-upgrades

Avoiding packages with really big dependency chains, reading changelogs ( at least if I can download them, but sometimes it is impossible ), being VERY wary when upgrading one of: initscripts, initramfs, dash,  and upgrading as often as possible ( this eases possibles transitions lowering possible breakdowns of system ).

IMHO apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges are something that everyone should have installed

I don't check Debian Weather, and I don't see a reason why should I do dist-upgrade, after all I'm running sid constantly

darkestkhan