Re: What are your best practices for running Debian unstable?

2011/3/12 Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@gmail.com>:
> I've collected some best practices for running Debian unstable,  I'm
> curious to hear what other Debian unstable users do to minimize
> possible problems with running Debian unstable. My current list:
>
> * Install apt-listbugs
> * Install apt-listchanges
> * Check the ' Debian Weather'  before dist-upgrades (
> http://edos.debian.net/weather/ )
> * Check 'Upgrade Warnings' in the aptosid forums before dist-upgrades

Avoiding packages with really big dependency chains, reading
changelogs ( at least if I can download them, but sometimes it is
impossible ), being VERY wary when upgrading one of: initscripts,
initramfs, dash,  and upgrading as often as possible ( this eases
possibles transitions lowering possible breakdowns of system ).

IMHO apt-listbugs and apt-listchanges are something that everyone
should have installed

I don't check Debian Weather, and I don't see a reason why should I do
dist-upgrade, after all I'm running sid constantly

darkestkhan
jid: darkestkhan@gmail.com
May The Source be with You.