Re: problem with ati display card

On Thursday 10 March 2011 06:36:38 pm Long Wind wrote:
> The last reply may have errors because the Chinese government block
> google when I send it.
> (For the same reason, I maybe unable to reply quickly)
>
> So I re-send it below:
> >From looking at the chipset of the card
>
> I believe the card is rage 128 pro
> I remove xorg.conf
> below is part of output by startx

 The 'ati' driver is the one that 'supposed' to support the Rage 128 Pro. If the
ati driver is present and if the Xorg.0.log file indicates X  is trying to use it
and fails I take that as a sign to use the vesa driver. I don't have box to test
that card/driver combo.

 The /var/log/Xorg.0.log is the file to read, not sure what is meant by 'output by
startx' screen or ~/Xorg.0.log ?

--
Peace,

Greg