Re: unable to install nfs-kernel-server

On 09/03/11 17:45, Liam Cassidey wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net
> <mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/07/2011 06:52 PM, Liam Cassidey wrote:
>
>         I'm running Debian unstable, and I'm interested in simply setting up
>         an nfs export from the box. However, I'm unable to install nfs. The
>         following happens when I attempt to install nfs-kernel-server.

<snipped>

> I've removed all entries from /etc/exports, have portmap and nfs-common
> running, the firewall down, have an empty /etc/hosts.deny and a single
> entry in hosts.allow (taken from the portmap man page):

hosts.allow has it's own man page

perhaps you could try something like this for hosts.allow

nfsd: 192.168.x.y/255.255.255.255
rpcbind: 192.168.x.y/255.255.255.255
mountd: 192.168.x.y/255.255.255.255

<snipped>

you might also want to check your iptables
(please excuse the brevity of my response, multi-tasking)

Cheers