Re: Internet connection sharing?

On 09/03/11 08:42, shawn wilson wrote:
> He could just setup debian to be used as it was intended - to be a
> server and put windows behind that. Just a thought.

Probably the same thought many readers had...

I'm "ass"uming he has his reasons, he was fairly clear in his request.

I've come across setups where the ISP provided an ADSL modem with a
built in hub and the user setup their connection with the supplied CD -
which resulted in a weird "looped" connection (USB + eth) controlled by
the Windoof box - other machines could be plugged into the hub but had
to get the connection through ICS running on the Windoof box.

I can think of other reasons - but I thought I'd just wait for someone
else to ask/suggest ;-)

Cheers