Re: NFS user id

On 03/05/2011 08:38 PM, T o n g wrote:

My /export NFS share is shared with option "rw,no_root_squash,async",
however, on the client side, files from both the root and me are mapped
as uid/gid of 4294967294/4294967294.

Both the root id and my id are the same on both client server.
What could be wrong?

Hello ,
I had similar problem after upgrade to squeeze
The fileserver has nfs3
and squeeze has by default nfs4

Adding option "vers=3" to the nfs mount options solved the problem for me .
I use automount to mount some nfs shares , so for that I just added to /etc/default/autofs

mynfsbox:/disks/share on /nfsshare type nfs (rw,nosuid,vers=3,tcp,sloppy,addr=

Regards ,