Re: events/0 and events/1 maxing CPU to 100%, related to wireless or eth0 on a T61 Thinkpad

On 03/07/2011 09:09 PM, Kyle Barbour wrote:
Hello all,

I upgraded to Debian Squeeze a week ago on my Lenovo Thinkpad T61.
Starting earlier today, after no trigger that I could determine, my
[snip]

I eventually found this post,
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=88781, which suggests
running shutting down the eth0 interface ("# ifconfig eth0 down").
Shockingly, that actually worked, although the CPU still frequently
runs high. Turning eth0 back on causes the CPU to max out again. This
fix is imperfect since I'd like to be able to use the eth0 interface,
but it works at the moment.

Any idea what's going on here and/or how to fix it?

Anything in syslog?

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.