Re: FAT filesystem with a directory cycle

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 11:38:36PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/05/2011 11:27 PM, Joel Roth wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 02:23:40PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
> >>
> >>Show us.  Include *everything*.  (Snip after 5 lines of repetition.)
> >
> >Okay, I get that a responsibility of posting for help here
> >is also to include enough info for all to study.
> >

> You call the Doctor saying nothing but "I have a cough.  Cure me
> now!" and expect him to do what?

Hi Doctor Johnson,

At least half of the time, the *attempt* to explain
to the doctor cures the problem.

Several times I've spent more than an hour writing
to the list, and then resolving the problem
through the exercise of writing.

(I don't usually trouble the list unless I'm feeling
especially boastful.)

In this case, I ran out of time and returned the
hardware.

I don't appear to get the same errors on the dd'd and
mounted partition copy that I recall on the original
hardware.

There could have been some error on my part.
Some errors remain mysterious.

Thank you for explaining list etiquette.

Let it be known that I contribute to this list as well as
asking for help. I attempt to remain courteous, including
providing sufficient information.

Good day to you, Dr. btw, we are all doctors and all
patients here!

Have a tofu flavored banana bar and chill :-)

--
Joel Roth