Re: download manager

In <[🔎] AANLkTim3zxsMc+sNts3cTFSqDRiVV-ya=dfB-N2TO2MD@mail.gmail.com>, ZHAO Lina
wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:41 PM,
>Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
>> On 2011-03-04 02:40:35 ZHAO Lina wrote:
>> >I tried the kget.
>> >
>> >can it be interactive.
>>
>> Yes.  But, I think you might try being less terse (and consequently more
>> verbose).  Asking questions about specific interactions will probably get
>> you
>> more useful information.
>
>http://www.springerlink.com.ezlibproxy1.ntu.edu.sg/content/23j63676550n0q45/
>fulltext.pdf This is the link,
>which need username and password.
>when I use kget, it's just stopped.

That link actually sends you a redirect.  Then, the redirect URL
<https://ezproxylogin1.ntu.edu.sg/restricted/login.asp?logup=false&url=http://www.springerlink.com/content/23j63676550n0q45/fulltext.pdf>
uses HTTP authentication.

Add your username and password to the redirect URL like:
<https://username:password@ezproxylogin1.ntu.edu.sg/restricted/login.asp?logup=false&url=http://www.springerlink.com/content/23j63676550n0q45/fulltext.pdf>
and give that URL to KGet,  hopefully that will get you the file.  AFAIK,
KGet does not normally prompt for or store credentials, so you have to use
the URL syntax.

Unfortunately, I won't be much help with troubleshooting past that point ad I
don't have credentials for the NTU library.