Re: Autofs not respecting uid in auto.removable

Thanks again for your time in helping.
However I have achived what I wanted by using udev rules as mentioned in

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 07:39:32 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> I am running squeeze.
> I have following lines in /etc/auto.removable
> lvgandhi@lvgvaio:~$ cat /etc/auto.removable

> ehd     -fstype=vfat,rw,uid=1000,umask=022,posix,shortname=winnt :/dev/ehd
> #ehd    -fstype=vfat,rw,uid=1000,umask=022,posix,shortname=winnt UUID=84C0-F18B

> Any solutions to mount with ownership of user?

As per "man 5 autofs":

If you use the automounter for a filesystem without access permissions
(like vfat), users usually can't write on such a filesystem because it is
mounted as user root. You can solve this problem by passing the option
gid=<gid>, e.g. gid=floppy. The filesystem is then mounted as group
floppy instead of root. Then you can add the users to this group, and
they can write to the filesystem. Here's an example entry for an autofs

floppy-vfat  -fstype=vfat,sync,gid=floppy,umask=002  :/dev/fd0