Re: Debian Installer Design Oversight?

Another thing I heard about the installer, and I'm not sure which one, because it didn't happen to me when I used the squeeze installer (netinst). I was listening to DistroWatch Weekly, and one of the reporters tried to build a squeeze box, and he mentioned in his review that the entry for the CD was left in sources.list. I think he was using the dvd to build it, as memory serves. I always use the netinst image, and I don't recall seeing this problem since etch.

But someone may want to check into it.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 05:18:48PM +0000, Steven Ayre wrote:
> > Without starting over what is the best way to make the stick bootable?
>
> Boot from the installer in recovery mode and manually install grub to
> the MBR of the USB stick.
>
> -Steve

Thanks, the recovery mode does list the available drives and the option
to select the drive in which to install the MBR.

Others responding to this thread claim the installer does this as well.
That was definitely not the case with the installer I used,
debian-6.0.0-i386-DVD-1.iso, downloaded February 28th.  When I answered
no there were no further questions and the installation was completed.
Perhaps that is true only of this release.

Tom