Re: Please help

On Friday 04 March 2011 11:27:33 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Vi, 04 mar 11, 10:33:45, Lisi wrote:
> > I have just (for the first time in years) installed a default install of
> > Squeeze.
> >
> > It starts up in the command line.  No sign of X.  This deos not cause me
> > a problem, since I was doing it just to see what happened.  But I can see
> > that it would cause problems to newbies.  There is obviously a bug.
>
> unreproducible ;)
>
> I did an install a few days ago and Gnome came up just fine. Was Gnome
> even installed (look for package gnome-session)? Any errors during the
> install? ....

As I said, I just did a default install, which should indeed have have
installed and configured GNOME.  I was only having a quick look to see what
happened (for that standard install business).  I haven't enough interest to
trouble-shoot.  I just thought it was worth mentioning that when I did a
default install it showed the same problem as the OP met.

I have installed Squeeze several times without mishap since 6th February, but
I don't usually accept the defaults for everything!

Are you sure that you made no choices at all, Andrei??  And pressed nothing
but <enter>?

Lisi