Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Camaleón wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:41:54 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

To try to install Debian 6, I downloaded, as advised on the Debian web
site, the Debian 6 netinst iso file, wrote it to a CD, and tried to
install Debian 6, using it.

However, the computer on which I tried to install it, did not boot from
the CD.

(...)

Ensure that you:

1/ Properly wrote the ISO image in the CD
2/ Configured your BIOS boot sequence in the right manner

There are not many options for a failure here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

The file was downloaded, saved to a directory on the computer that downloaded it (using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS), then written to the CD using brasero, which was the default on that computer (not this computer, and not the target computer for the Debian 6 installation).

The BIOS boot sequence was the same as for when the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS was installed on the target computer. The Ubuntu 10.04 LTS CD booted and installed without problem, but the Debian 6 netinst CD was bypassed, in the same boot process settings.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."