Re: Stopping the Shorewall firewall stops my Internet connection

On 03/04/2011 10:42 AM, Jason Hsu wrote:

I tried "shorewall clear", but that also disabled my Internet connection.  Again, I had to start Shorewall up again to restore my Internte connection.

Then it is as Stan had said, stopping shorewall disables your NATing as well. Follow his advise and open a port in the firewall computer that is forwarded to TCP port 22 in the main computer.

Mihira.