Re: Please help

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:06:50PM -0500, Ryan Collins wrote:
> Someone for the love of GOD, help me.

Sure!

> I've installedDebian 6.0(squeeze) on my dell inspiron 6000. All I have to
> show for it is a shell. I've looked all over and read countless entries on
> ways to load a gnome desktop, but nothing I try works for me like it has
> others. Im brand spanking new to Linux, but im beginning to at least
> understand how things need to be typed in order to make the magic happen,
> but it hasn't happened for me yet. I think I may have installed a server
> version, but there is a way around that right?

What options did you select during the installation?  The desktop system
should be the default setting (honestly I shouldn't say that since I am
still running Lenny here but did install Squeeze once when it was
testing).

If you could provide us with more information that would be
more helpful to us all.

--
Petrus Validus
Petrus.Validus@gmail.com