Re: Mounting and FTPing with SSH

Andrei Popescu put forth on 3/3/2011 2:03 PM:
> On Jo, 03 mar 11, 13:59:18, Jason Hsu wrote:
>> Computer A is my firewall/server.  Computer B is my main computer.
>>
>> I can access Computer A from Computer B by using SSH in a manner
>> similar to telnet.  What do I need to do to have FTP access to the
>> files in Computer A?  How do I mount a partition on Computer A from
>> Computer B?
>
> Look at sftp, and sshfs.

This sounds like a SOHO LAN setup to me, i.e. he wants to use the
firewall box as a file server as well.  Thus, I suggest samba or nfs
would be more appropriate to fulfill the OPs needs.  If he has any
Windows clients on his LAN samba would be preferred.

--
Stan