Re: sysv-rc-conf and LSB headers

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 02:17:17PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Ma, 01 mar 11, 11:38:20, freeman wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Is there a replacement for sysv-rc-conf? I assume it is obsolete since LSB
> > headers now control the initscript sequence.
> >
> > Been using /usr/lib/lsb/[install|remove]_initd . (Don't know whether insserv
> > is better.)
> >
> > sysv-rc-conf was a nice tool.
> Only the priority settings have been made obsolete by insserv, you can
> still edit runlevels with it.
> If you really need to locally adjust the ordering (is the LSB header
> correct for all involved scripts? Maybe you found a bug) I think insserv
> has some ways to override the information in the LSB headers.

No bugs & all is well after some insserv practice. I just liked the luxury
of a curses front-end overview of configs and changes.  With insserv, a
visual confirmation requires checking the rc_.d directories.

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody