Re: VMware Workstation

on 18:43 Wed 02 Mar, Mathieu Malaterre (mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com) wrote:
> I tried vmware once. When I realized the script needed root power, I stopped.
> I moved to VirtualBox without regret so far. The version in debian
> does not have USB & rdesktop, but that was not on my requirement.
> VirtualBox support most images, but you can always use qemu to convert
> your vmware to virtualbox images.
> Watch out that for 6'bits sytem you need VT-x on Intel, one way to
> know is executing this from a shell:
> $ egrep '(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo

Does anyone have actual or apparent performance comparisons between vbox
and VMWare?

Why would one chose one over the other?

Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power
Krell Power Systems Unlimited                |                  Go to Krell!