Re: NTP-Server no longer available in Squeeze?

John Hasler wrote:
Jimmy Johnson writes:
Instead of the 'ntp' server what you probably want is 'ntpdate'
installed...

Ntpdate is deprecated.

...it's the client...

It is a client, and a very limited one.  Ntpd is both client and
server.  Use it or Chrony.

Hi John,

I appreciate your post and it's not the first time mentioned, I've been using ntpdate for many years and still do with KDE, so I don't understand the problem, ntpdate gets the time from a Internet server and sets my clock, I don't need to install a server to do that. So what is the problem?
--
Jimmy Johnson

SimplyMEPIS 11.0 Beta-2 at sda12
Registered Linux User #380263