Re: lost ability to remote run sudo apps

Rodney D. Myers <rod_myers <at> fastmail.fm> writes:

> > I dunno the inners, but I guess it setups the rights to run X programs
> > under an X session. And not only for ssh but also for local sessions.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >

> Cool. thanks for the tip.

This happened to me on Fedora a few months ago. As best I can
tell, a recent sudo revision changed sudo default behavior.
sudo no longer uses the Xauthority cookies of the user invoking
sudo; instead it uses the root cookies, which don't correspond
to your ssh session.

If you haven't defined XAUTHORITY in your login profile (eg .bashrc
or whatever), set:

XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority export XAUTHORITY

and add XAUTHORITY to one of the "Defaults env_keep" lines
in /etc/sudoers. (XAUTHORITY has been added to /etc/sudoers
in the current release of sudo.)