Re: How do I tel SSL to trust a certificate?

On 02/27/11 21:02, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In<[🔎] 4D6AC759.1000503@gmail.com>, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I am trying to access my work computer from home using the Citrix
client.  First, I connect to the companies web-site and log in.  I
navigate from there to a link for remote login.  On selecting that, I
should be presented with a login for my computer at work.  This has
worked in the past, but I am now getting the following error:

You have not chosen to trust "VeriSign 3 Public Primary Certification
Authority - G3", the issuer of the server's security certificate (SSL
error 61).

ICA Client, despite having an unofficial Debian package, is not well-
integrated into Debian.  Instead of using the standard directory tree under
/usr/share/ca-certificates, it has its own little certificate store.

Install (or symlink) .crt files into /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts and
complain to Citrix.  I could probably fix their package, but I'd be unable to
distribute it.  I can certainly cover the common case without even seeing
their source.  (A simple GNU find command to symlink /usr/share/ca-
certificates/**/*.crt under /usr/lib/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts.)

HTH

Yes! That did it. I didn't bother to symlink everything, but I did get all of the Verisign certificates under /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ and that has me up and running. Thank you very much!

Marc