Re: Three mail server questions

El 2011-02-25 a las 13:47 -0500, Brad Alexander escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> > > root@hornet.bar.com>, relay=none, delay=0.05, delays=0.04/0.01/0/0,
> > > dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to hornet.bar.com[192.168.1.13]:25:
> > > Connection refused)
> > >
> > > I know I could open up hornet's postfix to the entire address space
> > > (it's set to the default -- 127.0.0.0/8), but it seems to me that would
> > > open up a nasty email loop.
> >
> > If you want Postfix manages incoming/outgoing e-mails in your network,
> > you have to do it so, otherwise Postfix will reject the e-mails from your
> > clients.
> >

> Right, thats what merrimac is doing (managing for the domain). What I am not
> understanding, is since everything should be going to the mailboxes on
> merrimac, why it is trying to contact hornet again. The mail flow, as I see
> it, should be hornet -> merrimac -> local mailbox.

I see.

"192.168.0.13" is hornet with Postfix setup to relay all the e-mails to
merrimac, right? Then something looks wrong at merrimac's Postfix
main.cf, it should be setup to directly delivery e-mails and not
fowarding them again.

Can you post (or upload to www.pastebin.com) your merrimac's main.cf
file? (you can remove/hide any sensible information that file can
hold). That way maybe we can get a clue on what's going on.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón